[Python-Dev] Distutils ML wrap-up: setup.cfg new format

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Sep 23 19:15:07 CEST 2009

Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Also, I am more concerned of not having enough end users involved in
> that process.
> End users would be: any python developer that needs
> to package his code, or any os packager that needs to package a python
> distribution
> for his system. But those are hard to get involved.

I'm sure there are some of them on this list.
If you are concerned about opinion diversity, you can always try to probe
python-list (c.l.py) about it ;)

As far as I'm concerned, anything which looks intuitive enough (e.g. ini-style)
and not overly complicated is fine. The details of the syntax aren't really
important as long as they make sense, and don't get in the way.

Regards

Antoine.