[Python-Dev] POSIX [Fuzziness in io module specs]

Pascal Chambon chambon.pascal at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 09:24:16 CEST 2009

> What we could do with is better platform-independent
> ways of distinguishing particular error conditions,
> such as file not found, out of space, etc., either
> using subclasses of IOError or mapping error codes
> to a set of platform-independent ones.

Well, mapping all errors (including C ones and windows-specific ones) to
a common set would be extremely useful for developers indeed.
I guess some advanced windows errors will never have equivalents
elsewhere, but does anyone know an error code set which would be
relevant to cover all memorty, filesystem, io and locking aspects ?

Regards,
Pascal