[Python-Dev] Misc/maintainers.rst

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Sep 17 20:40:38 CEST 2009

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 at 14:08, R. David Murray wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 at 10:59, Brett Cannon wrote:
>>  On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 10:38, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
>> >   Could we *please* have tracker names that match the committer names?
>> >
>> >  (This doesn't even need to be done by the individual users, I would
>> >  volunteer to rename all committer accounts and notify them by email that
>> >  their name changed.  This will also be coordinated with the new names
>> >  used for Mercurial commits, if a change will be made.)
>>
>>  +1 from me. It would be nice to not have to look up what tracker name
>>  someone uses since I know everyone's committer name.
>
> +1 from me as well.  And speaking of names, people should feel free to
> email me maintainer info for the table as real names.  Whether or
> not Georg's proposal goes through I'll make the table reflect the
> correct tracker ids.

By the way, in case anyone isn't aware of it (Mark Dickinson and I weren't
initially), it is _really easy_ to change your tracker id if you want to
do it yourself.  Just go in 'your details' and change your login name.
It'll change everywhere in the tracker, since roundup tracks accounts
by an internal number, not the login name.

--David