[Python-Dev] PEP 3144 review.

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Sep 16 17:32:25 CEST 2009

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 at 12:04, Paul Moore wrote:
> Of course, the discussion seems to imply that even the experts have a
> confused view, so maybe I'm being too ambitious here :-)

Part of the problem, as we discovered in the last go-round on
ipaddr, is that there are two types of experts:  those who primarily
deal with networks and for whom host addresses are just a special
case, and those who primarily deal with host addresses, for whom
networks are relevant only in certain contexts.

I hope we are converging on something that works for both.  That should
certainly be a goal, since the fact that it didn't was what scuttled
inclusion last time.

--David