[Python-Dev] Python Language Summit #2 in February

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Sep 16 03:48:10 CEST 2009

PyCon 2010 will be February 19-21 2010 in Atlanta, Georgia (US).
Van Lindberg, PyCon chair, has approved having another Python Language
Summit on Thursday, February 18 2010.  The web page for it is
<http://us.pycon.org/2010/about/summits/language/>

The Python Language Summit is an invitation-only event for developers
of Python implementations and the standard library, to discuss issues
of common concern to all implementors.

It will mostly be organized similarly to last year's event.  I'm going
to drop the initial open discussion, which wasn't very useful, and
we'll just have three 1.5-hour discussion sessions.  The fourth time
slot will be left open for chatting, development, or whatever the
attendees want to do.

We therefore need to decide what those three sessions should be about.
Please discuss on python-dev and hopefully we can arrive at some
consensus on topics of reasonably wide current interest.  (See
http://us.pycon.org/2009/about/summits/language/ for a reminder of
last year's topics.)

Feel free to raise discussions on other lists such as jython-dev,
catalog-sig, or wherever, but please summarize the results here on
python-dev; I won't see discussions on other lists.

Like last time, invitations will be sent to the committers for Python,
Jython, IronPython, PyPy, Pynie, plus a few extra people and projects.
If you want to suggest another project or person who should be
invited, please send me a private e-mail.

Andrew M. Kuchling
amk at amk.ca