[Python-Dev] Numeric alignment issue with PEP 3101

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:15:48 CEST 2009

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> I concur.  Numbers are naturally right aligned.

Isn't numbers are "naturally right aligned" because of the Big Endian
notations that most mathematicians currently use. Had we been using
Little Endian notation, numbers would be naturally left-aligned,
wouldn't they?

And I sort of disagree with saying it's naturally left- or right-
aligned; as numbers are naturally (decimal) dot-aligned (if you use dot
to separate the whole and fractional part of your number).