[Python-Dev] [TIP] Possible language summit topic: buildbots

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 18:27:14 CET 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:45 AM, C. Titus Brown <ctb at msu.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:42:30AM -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:

>> > BuildBot has an XML-RPC interface. ?So Brett can probably do what he wants
>> > with BuildBot right now.
>>
>> ... but pony-build follows a different model

that was just a brief comment to mention that even if both (buildbot +
pony-build) support RPC, they are not just «the same»  .

> I'd rather not get into discussions of why my vaporware is going to be
> way, way better than anything anyone else could possibly do

+1 ... I'll be the first one that won't follow it since I have no time
for that and my intention was not to suggest that «pb is better than
bb» (but if you follow, please do it in a separate thread ;o)

@exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
> But BuildBot exists, is deployed, and can be used now, without waiting.

+1  as I mentioned before I was not talking about eliminating buildbots

> (Sorry, I don't really understand what point you were hoping to make with your
> message, so I just thought I'd follow up in the same style and hope that you'll
> understand my message even if I don't understand yours :).

well, I understand that you don't understand, since I barely
understand that I will never be able to understand myself ... :)

The only thing I can say so far is that if pb is seriously considered
as an option ... then I could give a hand (... and I'll possibly do it
anyway , once I have time :-/ )

... turning myself off ...

--
Regards,