[Python-Dev] Possible language summit topic: buildbots

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 20:38:00 CET 2009

On Oct 25, 2009, at 3:35 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>> I don't need to know that it works on every checkin
>
> For us, that is a fairly important requirement, though.
> Reports get more and more useless if they aren't instantaneous.
> Sometimes, people check something in just to see how the build
> slaves react.

Understood -- that's why I mentioned it.  This is a different use-case.

It may still have some use for Python itself, but my idea is more for
testing things like libraries where the developer may only work on or
have one platform and may want to test installing on other platforms
and Python versions during development and/or before release.