[Python-Dev] First shot at some_set.get()

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 14:47:22 CEST 2009

Yuvgoog Greenle wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
>> Is there any point? Even if accepted, it's too late to make it into 3.1,
>> and with the overwhelming approval for a moratorium on changes to
>> built-ins, it is likely to just sit in the tracker, forgotten, until
>> 2013 or later. How likely is it that the patch will still be
>> applicable?
>

> +1 on throwing it away completely even if it's a good idea. I suggest
> Willi go invent a new language (and hope for it to become popular :-)
> if he wants to experiment.

Careful folks - these kinds of throwaway comments may be clearly tongue
in cheek for anyone following the moratorium discussion on python-ideas,
but will be justifiably confusing to anyone else, especially newcomers.

Willi - Oleg is right that patches should go on the issue tracker. They
tend to get lost if they only exist on the mailing list.

Cheers,
Nick.