[Python-Dev] Can 3.1 still be built without complex?

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Thu Oct 15 15:48:34 CEST 2009

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> I notice that WITHOUT_COMPLEX still appears in Python.h and several .c files
> but nowhere else in the 2.6, 2.7 or 3.1 source, most particularly not in
> configure or pyconfig.h.in.  Are builds --without-complex still supported?
> Has it been tested at any time in the recent past?

I haven't tested it, but I still see WITHOUT_COMPLEX in trunk and py3k
branches. In py3k, it's referenced in:

./Include/Python.h
./Misc/HISTORY
./Objects/complexobject.c
./Objects/object.c
./Parser/tokenizer.c
./Python/ast.c
./Python/bltinmodule.c
./Python/getargs.c
./Python/marshal.c
./Python/modsupport.c

I checked complexobject.c, and it looks like it's used correctly there.

Eric.