[Python-Dev] [python-committers] On track for Python 2.6.4 final this Sunday?

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:44:29 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 4:52 PM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
>> At 08:27 AM 10/13/2009 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>>>
>>> Are we on track to release 2.6.4 final this Sunday or do we need
>>> another rc?
>>>
>>> Yesterday, Tarek committed another setuptools related fix and said
>>> that he was going to run a bunch of build tests locally.  Tarek, how
>>> did that go?
>>

> I still need to do some more tests, I didn't have time to try the
> various projects under win32.
> It's planned to night.
>
> The tests are consisting of compiling and insatling a dozain of
> projects on linux and win32 (and bith when possible)

Barry,

I'll continue my win32 smoke tests tomorrow, it's not over. So far, so good.

windows XP (vmware) - VC9 - running setup.py build+install

- zope.interface 3.5.2 + setuptools 0.6c9
- Twisted-8.2.0 + setuptools 0.6c9
- pythonwin32-314 +plain distutils: works but I had a failure on
'mc.exe' on one extension which is unrelated obviously.
  pywin32 builds fine otherwise. Still investigating. on this one

Tarek