[Python-Dev] Package install failures in 2.6.3

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 5 18:36:49 CEST 2009

    Tarek> No you didn't miss it. That's probably my fault because the only
    Tarek> places I publicize about it are my blog (indexed in planet
    Tarek> python) and the distutils-SIG.

Bloggers beware!!!  Not everyone reads blogs.  (I don't unless someone calls
my attention to something of particular interest.)  Even if everyone did
read blogs, the risk of missing a particular post is extremely high
considering the number of planet.python.org subscriptions.  I don't know how
many blogs are aggregated on planet.python.org but a quick scan suggests
it's well over 100 at this point.

Moral of the story:  If you have something to announce, announce it in the
proper channel: python-announce-list at python.org.

Skip