[Python-Dev] Removal of intobject.h in 3.1

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Nov 23 21:12:25 CET 2009

> I'm not sure concealing the differences between 2.x and 3.x behind such a
> wrapper is a good idea. It would be better if people became aware of / learnt
> about the new semantics.

+1. When porting a larger code base, I always came up with a custom set
of macros, specific to the way the modules were written in the package I
ported. In particular for PyString_, some of the code meant to deal with
bytes, other code with text. There was no way to tell, short of reading
and understanding the code. As you'll have to review the complete code,
anyway, the savings you gain by using macros somebody else wrote are
really minor.

Regards,
Martin