[Python-Dev] PyPI comments and ratings, *really*?

Matthew Woodcraft matthew at woodcraft.me.uk
Fri Nov 13 22:34:32 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Because I want to wait for the outcome of the poll first.

The pypi front page says:

| The poll will be closed on December 1, 2009. The option that receives
| most votes will be implemented.

As I write, the option with the most votes is /Allow both ratings and
comments/.

But between them, /Disallow comments/ and /Disallow both ratings and
comments/ have more votes.

It seems clear to me that, given those figures, allowing comments would
not be following the result of the vote.

So I think that simply implementing the option that receives most votes
is not a wise plan.

(There are two other options; I don't think their presence makes the
plan any wiser.)

-M-