[Python-Dev] 2.7 Release? 2.7 == last of the 2.x line?

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:39:43 CET 2009

On 11/4/09, ssteinerX at gmail.com <ssteinerx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe the 3.x line should just be put out of our misery, merged back
> to 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, and proceed as Glyph suggested in passing with
> increasing levels of deprecation until it just turns into 3.x on its
> own by running out of numbers.

<delurk>
As a user, I'm horrified.  Granted, I'm not the most high powered
user, but . . .
my employer is already providing me with a 3.0 Python version on one
of my work computers with the expectation that I'll be using it more
and more.

Sorry to butt in, but is this a joke?  I thought all this was hashed
out prior to inventing python 3.0.
</delurk>