[Python-Dev] language summit topic: issue tracker

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Nov 3 18:51:33 CET 2009

> yet another feature request or two to be lost to a mailing list thread
> along those lines:
>
> Maintainer or not i'd like to be able to setup triggers so that i'm
> automatically cc'ed on any bugs matching a simple search query i
> specify.

Please add that to the meta tracker (if you really want it, rather
than just losing it on the mailing list :-)

Implementing it would be quite involved, I think. It should probably
go into the saved query feature. Evaluating them on every change would
might be expensive, so doing so only regularly (e.g. hourly) would
be ok?

> The email sent out to people cc'ed when a new bug is opened and
> unassigned should have a simple links in it when cc'ed to someone who
> can be assigned bugs:  'Assign to me' that if followed will assign
> that bug to them without requiring a login.

Unfortunately, this is now defeated by the fear of XSS attacks. If
such a link was possible, it would be also possible to embed it
into a XSS attack, right?

It would be possible to protect the link with a token, but then,
efficient token validation might be tricky. So this would also need
to go into the meta tracker.

If you are really interested in these, it would be best to add them
as feature requests to roundup itself (since that really is the place
where they should be provided):

http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/

[but then, roundup could also use more contributors]

Regards,
Martin