[Python-Dev] 2.7 Release? 2.7 == last of the 2.x line?

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:44:08 CET 2009

On Nov 3, 2009, at 12:38 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 9:35 AM, ssteinerX at gmail.com <ssteinerx at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 3, 2009, at 12:23 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>>> I'm not ready for that yet. I think there's plenty of time before we
>>> have to agree to such a bleak view. In the mean time let's do
>>> something practical like help NumPy port to Py3k.
>>
>> Or, for example, Django...
>
> Wasn't Django ported to Py3k by MvL as a demo? The problem seems to be
> more to port the Django *community* to Py3k...

I do remember seeing something about that somewhere but it sure isn't
jumping into my workflow at the moment.

If I can get a Python 3 version of Django, that's keeping up with
trunk, I hereby declare that I will start using it on my current
project as soon as the client takes the blowtorch off my toes for the
current deliverable.

And...I'll help keep it up to date with trunk as best I can and also
help pull along all the modules I need (incidentally, including
Beautiful Soup).

I really _want_ Python 3 to be better, I hope actual use convinces me
that it is...

There, now I'm committed (or, maybe I should _be_ committed).

Thanks,