[Python-Dev] IronPython specific code in inspect module

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed May 20 00:48:42 CEST 2009

Hello all,

The inspect module (inspect.get_argspec etc) work fine for Python
functions and classes in IronPython, but they don't work on .NET types
which don't have the Python function attributes like im_func etc.

I have IronPython specific versions of several of these functions which
use .NET reflection and inspect could fallback to if sys.platform ==
'cli'. Would it be ok for me to add these to the inspect module?
Obviously the tests would only run on IronPython... The behaviour for
CPython would be unaffected.

All the best,

Michael Foord

--