[Python-Dev] Test failures under Windows?

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:40:32 CET 2009

On 25/03/2009 7:58 PM, David Bolen wrote:
> Mark Hammond<skippy.hammond at gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> The issue was that Python unconditionally changed the behaviour of the
>> CRT, not only during the test suite.
>
> Hmm... I was more or less referring to the state of the py3k tree as
> of, say, r57823 back in 2007.

I was referring to the issue described in
http://bugs.python.org/issue4804, which notes that exceptions.c
unconditionally called:

   _CrtSetReportMode(_CRT_ASSERT, 0);

which has the effect of disabling crt assertions that would otherwise
result in a modal dialog.  That bug remains open though, so maybe I'm
confused about the problem which started this discussion...

Cheers,

Mark