[Python-Dev] Test failures under Windows?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Mar 24 21:34:51 CET 2009

> There was a discussion about this on the py3k mailing list back in
> mid-2007 ("buildbots" thread) and perhaps later as well, at which
> point I believe Martin added an "-n" option to regrtest and the
> buildbot test.bat file to disable the assertions.  Is that the py3k
> branch piece you are referring to?

I don't quite remember the -n flag, but I believe that Kristjan
just removed all that stuff, ie. there is now no way to block
CRT assertions anymore.

> wasn't paying close attention, so maybe there's some other mechanism
> in place at this point?

Unfortunately, not. There was a long debate, I lost, and Kristjan
removed all the changes to support this setup, claiming that it is
good to get assertions :-(

Regards,
Martin