[Python-Dev] tracker status options

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Mar 24 21:25:09 CET 2009

R. David Murray wrote:

> So, having triaged a few issues, here are my thoughts.
>
> The current workflow is roughly:
>
>     o test needed
>     o patch needed
>     o patch review
>     o commit review
>
> One can look at these and see what needs to be done "next".  I think
> that in practice the above list actually expands something like this:
>
>     o consensus needed
>     o test needed
>     o patch needed
>     o patch needs work
>     o patch review
>     o commit review

As a point of comparison, here are the GNUnet mantis status codes.
The following status codes are used in Mantis:

* New
     A new bug, developers did not look into these yet.
* Feedback
     Developers require feedback from users reporting the bug to resolve
it. Also used if a general discussion between the researches is needed
on how to address a problem.
* Acknowledged
     Developers have seen the bug.
* Confirmed
     Developers are convinced that the bug is a problem that needs to be
fixed.
* Assigned
     Some developer has started working on the problem. Note that
developers may give up on problems, putting the bug back to confirmed,
or feedback.
* Resolved
     The bug has been fixed in some version in Subversion or in a patch
attached to the bug report.
* Closed
     Resolved bugs are closed after the bugfix has made it into a full
release of GNUnet.

tjr