[Python-Dev] Core projects for Summer of Code

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Mar 24 00:13:35 CET 2009

> I don't disagree, I just don't want to volunteer projects for something
> they don't want.

Right, there must be clear indication that they are willing to accept
the work when it's done.

> Note also that some of the largest Python-based projects, Django,

I have a working port of Django to Py3k, however, the Django authors
are not interested in integrating it. The same could easily happen to
other ports. I can accept that, and just wait a couple of years until
they are ready. The GSoC student can't really wait that long.

OTOH, it could be part of the student's application to get in
contact with a potential mentor, and we could prioritize porting
projects assuming the package authors indicate sufficient intent to
accept the results of the porting.

Regards,
Martin