[Python-Dev] Integrate BeautifulSoup into stdlib?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:39:44 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>>> I was always able to get what I need through aptitude.
>> Yes, well known for its ability to run on Windows and Mac OS...
>
> Is it? I had never heard before that aptitude works well on
> Windows (although it does work on OSX).

I'm actually not quite sure if that was a sarcastic response to Chris's
original sarcasm, or if the original sarcasm just didn't cross the
language barrier very well...

> In any case, I rarely need to install Python packages on
> Windows or Mac, so this causes no problem to me. If I need
> something on Windows, I usually download the Windows installer
> for it.

I believe that was Chris's point as well - unlike Linux, getting new
packages directly from third parties rather than from a distro provided
repository is still the norm on Windows and OS X.

Cheers,
Nick.