[Python-Dev] GSoC: Core Python development tools

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Mar 23 20:32:11 CET 2009

Daniel (ajax) Diniz <ajaksu <at> gmail.com> writes:

>   Sometimes, non-obvious bits like the right sequence of svnmerge
> commands, the right way to link a Rietveld code review to a given
> issue or checking for correct autoconf version might get in the way of
> real development.

Well, really, rather than trying to improve svnmerge, we should try to find a
way forward to switch to Merc... oops, I mean what will turn out to be the best
DVCS for our needs :-)

>   I am also available to help with the Python workflow part, and
> there's an early effort to integrate Rietveld and our bug tracker
> under way.

> Food for thought example (sorry, not quite how a core dev works):
[...]
> SVN exporting current working copy to: ../month_delta

Does it work when using an hg/bzr/git mirror? There's already hg and git support
in Rietveld's upload.py, so this should be possible.