[Python-Dev] issue 2170 review

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Mar 23 02:49:01 CET 2009

Instead of looking at a bunch of issues last week the way I'd originally
intended, I wound up doing a review of a particular patch submission,
issue 2170.  This is a refactoring of the 'normalize' method of
xml.dom.minidom.  I wound up redoing the patch with a different
refactoring after finding out that the submitted patch was slower than
the original code.  The revised patch is faster than the original code
(completes in 1/2 the time of the original code when run on a decent
sized document that needed no normalization done).

I think the issue stage should be set to 'patch review', as in, it is ready
for developer review.  The author of the original patch has reviewed my
revised patch and concurs.  The patch includes additional tests.

Now that I've learned more about how the tracker is organized, and read
the most-helpful http://www.python.org/dev/workflow/ document, I would
be happy to go through and triage issues for which that hasn't yet been
done, if I can be given permission to do so.

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com