[Python-Dev] Core projects for Summer of Code

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Mar 18 23:13:03 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 14:56, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>wrote:

> http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/timeline

> >> Well, there won't be any major changes in 3.1.1, but 3.2 is definitely
> >> open.
> >
> > Cool, these are of course details you can work out with interested
> students.
> >
> > Would you be willing to field questions from prospective students and
> > possibly mentor one?
>
> Certainly

I would double-check Benjamin can do this since I don't think he will be 18
by the time GSoC starts. The FAQ at
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/faqs#mentor_eligibilityseems
to suggest it won't be an issue, but you never know.

Also be aware that a university student might not like being told what to do
by someone in high school (although if they want $4500 they better).

-Brett