[Python-Dev] Core projects for Summer of Code

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:50:54 CET 2009

> > Note the SoC timeline;
> >
> http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/timeline
> >
> > So maybe it won't work for 3.1, but perhaps 3.1.1? 3.2?
>
> Well, there won't be any major changes in 3.1.1, but 3.2 is definitely
> open.

Cool, these are of course details you can work out with interested students.

Would you be willing to field questions from prospective students and
possibly mentor one?

The process is as follows; we're compiling ideas for
http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2009 and getting mentors signed up
at http://socghop.appspot.com/

Students are already starting to look over the different organizations ideas
pages and connect with mentors.  Student application period opens next
week.  All the mentors for PSF read and review them and we assign mentors to
them (often whatever mentor the student worked with to build the proposal).

Do you want prospective students contacting the list or the mentor they're
interested in working with directly?