[Python-Dev] Integrate BeautifulSoup into stdlib?

Trent Mick trentm at activestate.com
Fri Mar 13 19:31:47 CET 2009

Chris Withers wrote:
>> That said, it may make sense to just give greater prominence to
>> existing repackagers, such as ActiveState or Enthought.
>
> Right, getting ActivePython or similar approved might be the way to go,
> but I'm betting it depends on the project...

Apologies for jumping in mid-thread here. FYI: We're (where "we" ==
ActiveState here) looking at spending more effort on Python of late.
Some of our thoughts are on add modules: whether added to the
ActivePython core or easily addable via an equivalent to ActivePerl's
ppm (package manager) is still be batted around.

I'm curious as to people's thoughts. I'll also be at PyCon in Chicago
getting thoughts.

Cheers,
Trent

--