[Python-Dev] Fwd: installation with ubuntu 8.04

John Wagner gnujohn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:16:36 CET 2009

Nick:

Thanks, man, for even replying.  I'm ashamed for posting such a stupid
question, and of course, you're right, as I should have known.  I'm used to
answering people's silly questions about c, and am an utter newb in python;
I'm trying to learn Scheme at the same time, so it's kind of hectic around
here.  My question is a newbie question, though, and I may as well face it.
I appreciate the polite tone of your reply.  If I can ever do anything to
help, I'll remember your example.

Regards,
John

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:58 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> John,
>
> I'm afraid the auto-response to the python-3000 list is a little
> misleading. That list was for the initial development of python 3.0, and
> hence the redirect was to this list which is to discuss the
> *development* of the Python interpreter (both 2.x and 3.x).
>
> For more general questions (such as installation), the appropriate place
> to ask is python-list at python.org (also available as the newsgroup
> comp.lang.python).
>
> Regards,
> Nick.
>
> P.S.

> > <mailto:python-dev at python.org>
> > instead.
>
> The mailman powers-that-be may want to update the python-3000
> auto-response to direct people to python-list for normal questions and
> python-dev for development specific questions.
>
> --

John Wagner
Los Angeles