[Python-Dev] Ext4 data loss

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:12:50 CET 2009

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Christian Heimes<lists at cheimes.de>  wrote:
>> Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>>> Christian Heimes<lists<at>  cheimes.de>  writes:
> Let's not think too Unix-specific. If we add such an API it should do
> something on Windows too -- the app shouldn't have to test for the
> presence of the API. (And thus the API probably shouldn't be called
> fsync.)

This is especially true given Windows has recently introduced a
transactional API for NTFS.  Although the tone is - err - gushing - it
(a) should give some information on what is available, and (b) was high
on my google search list <wink>

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa363764(VS.85).aspx

Cheers,

Mark