[Python-Dev] Ext4 data loss

Wed Mar 11 08:17:55 CET 2009

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> ....  With zipfile, you could at least access the .fp attribute
> to sync it (though is the .fp documented as part of the interface?).

For this one, I'd like to add the sync as a method (so that Zip-inside-
Zip is eventually possible).  In fact, a sync on an exposed writable
for a single file should probably push back out to a full sync.  This
would be trickier to accomplish if the using code had to suss out how
to get to the fp.  Clearly I have plans for a ZipFile expansion, but
this could only conceivably hit 2.7, and 2.8 / 3.2 is a lot more likely.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org