[Python-Dev] Addition of further status options to tracker

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:33:08 CET 2009

Brett Cannon wrote:
> If we can come up with a simple solution to this problem (perhaps have
> issues set to under development with no activity shift down a status
> level after a month) then maybe we will have something everyone can be
> happy with.

If an issue is assigned, then somebody has claimed it and is working on
it (or it has at least been sent to a specific person for consideration).

Deciding that someone has dropped off the face of the planet and that
their issues should be unassigned is something that a human tracker
janitor would probably have to decide to do (the original assignee would
get email about the assignment changes and have the option of reclaiming
issues they still cared about).

Cheers,
Nick.