[Python-Dev] Regexp 2.7

Jared Grubb jared.grubb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:08:36 CET 2009

Would there be any interest in augmenting the test case library for
the regex stuff?

When I was working on PyPy, we were using a simplified regular
expression matcher to implement the tokenizer for Python. I was able
to take a lot of PCRE's regex tests and port them to test our regular
expression implementation (to make sure the DFA's were being optimized
properly, etc).

I believe the PCRE test library was under a very liberal license, and
so we may be able to do the same here. If there's interest in it, I
can do the same for Python.

Jared