[Python-Dev] IDLE maintenance

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 9 08:04:50 CET 2009

> As I said, I don't know the plans or people surrounding IDLE are. If it
> needs a new maintainer I hereby volunteer.

Can you please start by looking into the issues reported for the IDLE
component? (there are currently 71 of them)

For those with a patch in particular (17 currently), make a
recommendation whether to accept or reject the patch (perhaps giving
the submitter a chance to revise the patch if you have complaints).
Post a list of patches that you have triaged to this list.

For the bug reports, review whether the bug is reproducible, and
if so, propose a patch. If not, put an analysis into the report, and
post a list of patches that you propose to close here.

For feature requests, analyze whether the feature is desirable and
sound. If it is, propose a patch. If not, post a list of requests
to close here (and an analysis into the report).

Regards,
Martin