[Python-Dev] asyncore fixes in Python 2.6 broke Zope's version of medusa

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Sun Mar 8 14:42:33 CET 2009

On 01:50 am, nas at arctrix.com wrote:
>glyph at divmod.com <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:

>>we're not even talking about actually putting any Twisted code
>>into the standard library, just standardizing the "protocol" API,
>>which
>>basically boils down to:
>[...]
>
>This sounds great.  I'm interested on working on this since it
>scratches an itch of mine but I don't know if I will have time.  Do
>you think if this part of Twisted became part of the standard
>library that it would be used by Twisted or would it continue to
>have its own version?

As I said above, right now I'm just talking about the interface.  There
are several implementations of the main loop that call those interfaces,
as well as test implementations.

Of course I hope we can eliminate some redundancy, but that's step 2:
before we refactor, we have to make the code that we're refactoring
actually repetitive rather than just similar.