[Python-Dev] asyncore fixes in Python 2.6 broke Zope's version of medusa

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Mar 8 03:28:36 CET 2009

    Glyph> ... which is exactly why I have volunteered to explain to someone
    Glyph> how to separate the core event-loop bits (suitable for inclusion
    Glyph> in the standard library) from the huge pile of protocol
    Glyph> implementations which are not necessarily useful.

    Neil> This sounds great.  I'm interested on working on this since it
    Neil> scratches an itch of mine but I don't know if I will have time.
    Neil> Do you think if this part of Twisted became part of the standard
    Neil> library that it would be used by Twisted or would it continue to
    Neil> have its own version?

Anybody interested in working on this at a PyCon Sprint?  I won't be
attending the conference proper, but plan to spend a couple days sprinting,
one on Mailman/SpamBayes integration and one on Python core stuff.  This
might fit well into my Python core "slot".  I will probably have little time
before the sprint to do much, but any brain dumps or Twisted pointers people
could give me in the interim would be appreciated.

Skip