[Python-Dev] Forgotten Py3.0 change to remove Queue.empty() and Queue.full()

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Mar 7 03:15:48 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com> wrote:
> I believe there was a thread (in January 2008) with a decision to keep
> qsize() but to drop empty() and full().

Based on our experiences so far, I think that of the two options we
have, both of which are bad, it's better to keep things in 3.1 that we
were planning to remove but forgot, than to make 3.1 have a whole slew
of additional removals. We've removed cmp() in 3.0.1, and I think that
was actually the right thing to do given its prominence and the clear
decision to remove it, but for smaller stuff that didn't make the cut
I think we should favor backwards compatibility over cleanup.