[Python-Dev] Windows 2.6.1 installer - msiexec not creating msvcr90.dll

charlie cjlesh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 17:09:03 CET 2009

I am trying to script a Python installation on Windows, using msiexec from
the windows cmd prompt. I do not want to register extensions.

I have tried all the combinations I can find on the following page:
http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5/msi/

But, no matter how I run msiexec, it seems that the msvcr90.dll in not
created in the Python26 directory.

If I double click the msi installer and run through it manually, the
msvcr90.dll is created.

Is there a way to run msiexec that results in msvc90.dll (and the manifest
file) getting created?

Thanks in advance,
-cjl