[Python-Dev] Tracker cleanup - Roundup hacking report :)

Daniel (ajax) Diniz ajaksu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:17:19 CET 2009

Hi,
Here's a progress report on the "let's make the tracker a bit better" tasks.

Note: if you make use of saved queries, I recommend reading the
'anyone can remove any queries' issue:
http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue244

Feedback on meta-tracker open issues, as well as new RFEs and replies
to tracker-discuss threads should make the tracker meeting your needs
a bit more likely :)

Thanks Martin, Stefan, Jeroen, Ezio, Brett, Georg and others that
helped along the way.

Real tracker cleanup will be back soon ;)

Best regards,
Daniel

Open WIP tickets:
    add # of comments to default issue list
        Track the counts of messages and nosy users on a given issue.
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue87
(screenshot: http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/file110/msg_nosy_counts.png
)

    Add multiselects for searches
        This allows one to search, e.g., for issues with "Version in
['2.5', '2.6', '2.7']" or "Stage in ['patch review', 'not selected']".
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue243
(example: http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/file105/issue_search.html
)

    Add 'Mail me' button to messages and issues
        Similar to becoming nosy retroactively, by getting a past
message after the fact. This (supposedly) allows one to reply to any
message in an issue from email.
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue245

    Have issue ID search work from "search tracker" box
        Passing an ID into the "search tracker" box opens the issue
with the matching ID.
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue123

    Add 'Stage' to results page
        Adds 'Stage' as a column to the search results when 'Display'
is selected.
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue242

    "Search in All Issues" button
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue224

    Have CVS download of issue list put name rather than ID
        http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/issue955070

    Failed logins do not produce an error message
        Add a 'Login as %(user) successful' green-banner on successful logins
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue230

Tickets/ideas on sketching or local testing stage:

    notation to filter by logged-in user
        Allows 'reflexive' queries, like 'issues I've created',
'issues I follow', 'issues assigned to me'. Pending Query security
resolution.
        http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/issue1525113

    Shortcuts for selecting self in user lists: "Add me" for nosy and
"Claim" for assignee.

    Provide prev/next/show list links when going through a list of bugs
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue4

    Ability to specify non-matching criteria in filters/searches
        http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/issue678900

    Email me my current changes without submitting (a.k.a. 'Save')

    Allow searching for ranges for Number attributes
        http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/issue1182919

    input fields should have HTML id attributes
        http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/issue1513369

    Full text "AND" search has message scope, not issue scope
        http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/issue1155657

    Set attributes in the body
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue198

Closed tickets:
    Edit Queries screen should include a link to the search page
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue202
    Denote which dependencies issues have been closed
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue207
    Fix 'not closed' search
        http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue240
    Add 'Stage' to search page