[Python-Dev] asyncore fixes in Python 2.6 broke Zope's version of medusa

Daniel Stutzbach daniel at stutzbachenterprises.com
Wed Mar 4 21:31:38 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> The same as always. We don't change APIs in bugfix releases.

This question is actually for the Zope folks and others who have had
problems with the 2.6 asyncore/asynchat:

Are any of the problems due to a change in the documented API... or are they
all due to changes in undocumented internals that your code relied on?

Myself, the only change that I noticed going from 2.5 to 2.6 was that the
undocumented signature of asynchat.__init__() changed from taking a
parameter called "conn" to one with the same meaning called "sock".

--
Daniel Stutzbach, Ph.D.
President, Stutzbach Enterprises, LLC <http://stutzbachenterprises.com>