[Python-Dev] asyncore fixes in Python 2.6 broke Zope's version of medusa

Sidnei da Silva sidnei.da.silva at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:14:05 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> Sounds like it's not so much the code that's future proof but the
> process used for evolving it. That seems to be missing for asyncore.
> :-(

Turning the issue around a bit, has anyone considered polishing up the
current fix to restore it's backwards compatibility, instead of
starting a discussion about a full-blown replacement?

I think that would be enough for most asyncore users (or even the
couple few affected) for the moment, and then we can think about a
possible future replacement.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Canonical Ltd.