[Python-Dev] draft 3.1 release schedule

Mitchell L Model MLMLists at Comcast.net
Mon Mar 2 21:58:33 CET 2009

Would whoever is responsible for IDLE please take a look at the
patches I submitted for Python 2 & 3 [tracker IDs 5233 and 5234
respectively]. These change the behavior of IDLE so that IDLESTARTUP
or PYTHONSTARTUP files are executed with each restart. This allows
automatically at each restart. I consider this a very important
problem in IDLE, especially when using it to teach. I would really
like to see them in 3.1. The patch is already there; someone just has
to do whatever gets done with patches to validate it and check it in.
It's not a lot of code changes.