[Python-Dev] Python for Windows??

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Jun 24 19:13:32 CEST 2009

David H. Burns wrote:
> I downloaded what claims to be Python for Windows (3.01). The tutorial
> brags a lot about how easy it is to learn, but the tutorials and
> instruction seem to be for a Linux or Unix version. There are three
> executable programs in the Python directory and no indication which
> should be used to start Python. One opens a Dos-like window presumably
> for  "command-line" entry. I can't make anything of it.

I'm afraid the mailing list you posted to is for the development *of*
Python and not the use of Python.

On the Python-tutor or Python-list mailing lists (or their google groups
/ gmane gateways if you prefer a web interface) you will find people
willing and able to answer your questions.

All the best,

Michael Foord

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog