[Python-Dev] ndPython: I NEED TO TALK WITH ONE OF THE PYTHON CORE DEVELOPERS

Filippo Battaglia pegasus2000 at email.it
Wed Jun 24 17:09:21 CEST 2009

I need help with an implementation of your
interpreter under Nanodesktop PSPE/PSP.

I'm working to a version of Stackless Python
interpreter (2.5.2) called ndPython. It is
able to work under PSPE and PSP and
it shall be the most powerful interpreter
ever realized before on these platforms.

I need to know something about the C
functions that are recalled by the interpreter
when it executes a .pyc file.

Our version of ndPython is very slow in
execution respect to Carlos's StackLess
Python (another product for PSP).

We believe that the trouble is in any routine
of our Nanodesktop libc that could be
a bottleneck. But we don't know
which can be the interested routine
(string ? memory allocation ?)

Can you tell me which modules provide to
decode and execute a .pyc file ?

The number of modules that are statically
linked in the interpreter can affect its
performance ? (for example, for a larger
number of strcmp between the keywords).

The execution of a .pyc file is a memory
allocation intensive task ? I've already
enable the PYMEM option and I've
see that the speed is improved (but
Carlos's StackLess Python remains
faster).

We've done these tests:

http://www.psp-ita.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28323&start=20

from ndpsp import *
x = time.clock ()
for i in range(1000):
    pass
print >> clock, "1.", time.clock()-t

We've the results:

stackless: 0.0037279
ndPython: 0.1015625

We don't understand why ndPython is
so slower.

Please, help us. The product is complete,
but we cannot release cause this problem.

Thank you in advance.
Filippo Battaglia

 Sponsor:
 Vieni in vacanza nei Riccione Family Hotels! Ti aspettano servizi per bambini, mini club e tanto divertimento! Prenota on-line la tua vacanza!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=9206&d=24-6