[Python-Dev] PEP 376

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jun 24 07:10:02 CEST 2009

At 10:38 AM 6/23/2009 +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>What about using the same names used in Python's site module:
>"sitedir" is the name used for
>a directory we named DistributionDirectory.

No, a site dir is a Python-defined directory for site-installed
packages, and/or a directory where .pth files are processed.  Wrong
connotations entirely, since packages may be installed to other
directories, and typically are in e.g. shared hosting environments.

DistributionDirectory is fine by me.  DistributionDirectories sounds
like what setuptools calls an Environment.