[Python-Dev] SSL Certificate Validation

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jun 17 00:16:29 CEST 2009

> If this isn't the place to ask these kinds of questions, I apologise.
> I can take the discussion elsewhere if I need to.

It really depends on what "these questions" are. If your question is
"I have this patch, is it correct?", then the question is entirely
appropriate. If it is "I just have barely looked at the API, can
somebody please explain it all to me?", then this isn't appropriate
for this list, and probably not appropriate elsewhere: anybody answering
this question could just as well fix the original problem right away.

So please do try to find the answer for yourself, with the (little)
direction I gave. If you find that it takes a lot of effort, then you'll
probably have to accept the bug as-is, and live with it.

FWIW, I actually don't know the answer for sure, either, so I would have
to research this myself, too. In any case, _ssl.c is *not* the place
where any of the certificate validation actually happens - nor does it
happen elsewhere in the Python source code, IIUC.

Regards,
Martin