[Python-Dev] FINAL PROPULSION OPEN SOURCE ENGINE VARIANT FOR THE F-35 JOINT STRIKE FIGHTER

Matthew Wilkes matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Sat Jun 13 02:09:24 CEST 2009

On 13 Jun 2009, at 01:00, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> That's a rather presumptuous statement. Despite the poster's use of
> SHOUTING I don't see a reason to tell them they should use proprietary
> software just because you disagree with their politics

Oh, I didn't mean they should use proprietary software, just that in
my experience the kind of people who are active in open source are
quite anti-war, green, etc.  There are notable exceptions, but I know
people who worry that their work will have military applications, and
who turn down projects because of it.

You're more likely to get people who are interested in aviation with
some programming background (universities do teach coding to
engineers, afterall), than the other way around.

Matt