[Python-Dev] Draft PEP 385: Migrating from svn to Mercurial

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jun 8 21:57:05 CEST 2009

> For my part I'm fine either way (and I agree that Martin should decide
> based on what is best  for him).

See my other message. We need to collect SSH keys, and I don't mind
moving the Jython repository. OTOH, if the Jython repository gets
converted into hg right away, it's certainly (a little) less work.

Of course, the Jython committers would need to relocate their
svn sandboxes now, and then completely abandon them and re-checkout
from hg in a few months, so if you can wait a few months until the
hg conversion is ready, it's also less work for your committers.

FWIW, I really think that PEP 385 should really grow a timeline
pretty soon. Are we going to switch this year, next year, or 2011?

Regards,
Martin