[Python-Dev] Draft PEP 385: Migrating from svn to Mercurial

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Mon Jun 8 17:32:46 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 16:29, Frank Wierzbicki<fwierzbicki at gmail.com> wrote:
> At PyCon, we discussed moving Jython's svn repository to Python's with
> Martin von Löwis.  I would think that Jython would live in Python's hg
> repository in the same way as stackless and distutils.  Has the
> parallel project strategy been determined?  Will they be separate
> repositories, separate "forests", something else?

I think they should just be separate repositories. The svn.python.org
"repository" is more like a collection of actual repositories than a
repository in itself.

> Also, Martin suggested we migrate to Python's svn and then go along
> for the svn->hg ride.  Does that still make sense now that some
> planning has been done?

I'd say migrating to Python's svn doesn't make a whole lot of sense at
this point, but I'll leave that to Martin (since he has to do the
work). For the conversion, I can just as well take the Jython repo
from your current server. I've started a svnsync job with your repo so
I can run some test conversions. It's a relatively small repository,
so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Cheers,

Dirkjan