[Python-Dev] Draft PEP 385: Migrating from svn to Mercurial

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Fri Jun 5 22:48:15 CEST 2009

So, a while ago Martin von Löwis asked who would champion the
migration to Mercurial, and I volunteered. He asked me to produce a
PEP outlining which steps to take, which I've been working on. The PEP
is numbered 385, and is just about ready for your review. I'd really
welcome any sort of feedback or questions about Mercurial and
surrounding tools relevant to the migration project (I'm happy to
answer other questions as well, but maybe python-dev is not the
appropriate forum for that -- instead, try mercurial at selenic.com
and/or #mercurial on freenode).

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0385/

In particular, you may want to review (a) branches that you care about
and whether they would be migrated under the current proposal, (b)
non-release tags that you think are useful and (c) the author map
(check if it has a correct email address for you and people you know).

Thanks to Antoine, Benjamin, Georg and Martin for early feedback.

Cheers,

Dirkjan